Helping You Eat for a Healthier Life
You know the saying, “you are what you eat!” It may sound silly, but what you eat can have a big impact on your health.
ADRC understands this and we know it can be difficult if you are:
- Making smaller portions for just you
- On a limited food budget
- Homebound or have difficulties cooking
- Tired of the same old thing and need some inspiration
If you can relate to any of these, ADRC offers a number of presentations put together by dietetic (nutrition) professionals that contain practical information and make it fun to learn! Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Cooking for One or Two
- Organic vs. Non-Organic
- Home Food Safety
- Eating Healthy for Less
ADRC programs are available at different locations in Brown County throughout the year, check back on the ADRC Website or ADRC Magazine for upcoming dates!
Looking to stay connected to nutrition education?
- ADRC on the Go Events – A variety of presentation topics. May include lunch.
- Lunch & Learn at Community Cafés
- ADRC Magazine – Includes a nutrition article every month
- ADRC Workshops – Classes focused on specific health and wellness aspects of your life
- ADRC News Blog – Sign up to stay up to date!
Do you have a group that may be interested in a presentation?
There a wide range of nutrition and other topics to choose from. Click on the ADRC on the Go button below or call 920-448-4300 to speak to our Community Outreach Specialist to hear about the topics and how you can schedule a presentation!
ADRC on the GO
Did you know that more than 50 million Americans have allergies? It is likely that you or someone you know has a food allergy. A food allergy is when your body mistakenly identifies a specific food or substance in the food as harmful. Your immune system triggers cells...
Have you ever wondered where MyPlate started? Prior to the Food Guide Pyramid being released to the public, there were many different food guides. The very first food guide dates back to 1916 and focused on “Food for Young...