Brown County Prevention Coalition: Fall Prevention
Reduce falls among the older adult population within the region.
- Build community awareness to why fall prevention is important and priority
- Build professional awareness of community resources on falls prevention
- Build SNF and Assisted Living awareness to the burden of falls
You Can Help Prevent a Fall
- 25% of people over the age of 65 fall every year
- On average, 32 falls a day are reported by Brown County ERs, hospitals, and local EMS (excluding Urgent Care & Clinic settings)
- Falls can lead to loss of independence, disability and even death – they can be prevented!
You, your church, and/or your organization’s older adult members will benefit from learning about how to prevent a fall so they can stay healthy and active. We’d appreciate you looking over these resources to see how you can get this important Fall Prevention message out to others.
Upcoming Fall Prevention Classes & Workshops
Publication Options for individuals, churches, clubs, and organizations.
Steps to Prevent a Fall – Flyers
Freedom from Falls