Advocacy In ActionNews You Can Use!
Questions about advocacy issues?
Here are some resources to help guide you in effective advocacy.
Know the make-up of your government and the process for Legislative change.
- How does a bill become a law?
- Who are my Legislators?
- Know the “who’s who” of your legislature
- Find out what laws and legislation are being discussed, as well as important dates
Effective advocacy also requires effective communication.
- What can I do?
- How to speak and/or write effectively to your legislature
- Why Legislators need to hear from you
- Advocacy vs. Lobbying
Know the facts of Voting and ensure your vote is counted.
- Upcoming elections in your area or statewide
- Where do I vote?
- How to register and what your voting options are
- Tracking your ballot
Question: I receive Social Security income and I am having some issues managing my finances. Is there anyone who can help me? Answer: First, check your natural supports. These are family, friends, and fellow members of community groups who would be willing to help...
Question: I am in need of help getting a ramp built at my home and do not know where to start to look for assistance with this. Where can I go that might be able to help me out with not only having a ramp built but also help with the cost? Answer: It sounds like you...
"Wisconsin faces a critical shortage of direct care workers that leaves families and individuals struggling to meet care needs at the same time that the percentage of the population age 65 and older is increasing." This quote, taken from the State of Wisconsin Budget...