Your vote counts!
2023 Spring Election – April 4, 2023
Voting Timeline: Important Deadlines
Deadlines for the April 4, 2023 Spring Election
Voters can register in the following ways. All voters must provide a Proof of Residence document when registering to vote by mail, in-person in the clerk’s office, or at the polls on Election Day.
- March 15, 2023 – Deadline to Register by Mail – Your voter registration form, along with proof of residence must be postmarked to your municipal clerk no later than March 15, 2023.
- March 15, 2023 – Deadline to Register to vote online – Voters who are able to match their name, date of birth, Wisconsin Driver License or State ID number, and address with the Wisconsin DMV can register to vote online through March 15, 2023.
- March 31, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to Register in Your Municipal Clerk’s Office – Voters may register in-person in their municipal clerk’s office during the clerk’s business hours until 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2023.
- April 4, 2023 from 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. – Register to Vote at Your Polling Place – Voters can register to vote at their polling place on Election Day, April 4, 2023.
Absentee Voting- Deadlines for the April 4, 2023 Spring Election
All voters in Wisconsin can request an absentee ballot be mailed to them for any reason. Voters must be registered before they can request an absentee ballot. Voters may request their absentee ballot in writing. To request an absentee ballot on MyVote.wi.gov click here. You must provide a photo ID with your absentee ballot request, more information on photo ID can be found here.
- March 14, 2023 – Deadline for municipal clerks to send absentee ballots to voters with an active request already on file – Municipal clerks can begin mailing absentee ballots once official ballots are received and have until March 14, 2023 to send ballots to all voters with a request on file by that day. Requests received after March 14, 2023 must be fulfilled within 24-48 business hours.
- March 30, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot – Regular and Permanent Overseas Voters – If you are a regular or a Permanent Overseas Voters, your absentee ballot request must be received by your municipal clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 30, 2023.March 31, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.- Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot- Indefinitely Confined and Military- If a voter is indefinitely confined, or military and not away from home, your absentee ballot request must be received by your municipal clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2023.
- March 21, 2023, possibly through April 2, 2023 -Deadline for In-Person Absentee – Voters can possibly request and vote an absentee ballot in-person in their municipal clerk’s office through April 2, 2023. Office hours vary by municipality. Some municipal offices may not offer additional in-person absentee hours. Please contact your municipal clerk for absentee voting hours.
- April 4, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. – Deadline for Hospitalized Voters – Voters who are in a hospital may request a ballot be brought to them by an appointed agent if they are hospitalized in the 7 days preceding the election. Hospitalized electors may request an absentee ballot between March 28, 2023 and April 4, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- March 31, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot – Military If a voter is in the military then your absentee ballot request must be received by your municipal clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2023.
- April 4, 2023 @ 8:00 p.m. – Deadline to Return Absentee Ballot – If you have already received an absentee ballot, you must return your absentee ballot by mail or delivery to your municipal clerk. Your ballot must be received by your municipal clerk no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, April 4, 2023.
Finding out if you're registered to vote
My Vote Wisconsin is a website where you can find out if you are registered to vote, find your polling place, find out what will be on your ballot, update your information, register to vote, find out about absentee ballots, track a ballot, and who your local clerk is.
Factsheet on registereing to vote (Disability Rights Wisconsin)