Brown County Prevention Coalition
Partners creating a healthy community.
The Prevention Coalition will collaborate to develop priorities for prevention, use healthcare dollars effectively, and provide outreach to improve the quality of life in our community.
Started in 2013, click the link below to learn more.
- To collaborate and cooperate to prevent duplication of effort and resources
- To share and exchange data and analytics to drive the allocation of prevention resources
- To encourage efforts and best practices among organizations with shared prevention visions
- Adapt strategies to improve and ensure appropriate prevention resources
- To advance policies to further the vision
- Advance Directives (Healthcare): Create opportunities for adults in Brown County to have the coversation and understand the urgency and need to complete a healthcare advance directive.
- Fall Prevention: Reduce falls among the older adult population
- Monitor trends, analyze data, and report aggregate number of advanced care directives (AD) on file from Brown County health systems, and provide recommendations
- Monitor trends, analyze data, and report aggregate number of falls reported to Emergency Rooms & charges annually, and provide recommendations
- Ensure that measurement parameters for healthcare advance directives align across healthcare systems.
- Identify key partners to operationalize our efforts of education and awareness.
- Collect historical data regarding guardianships completed annually by Brown County Adult Protective Services