Navigating through web-based materials can be overwhelming and leave us feeling overloaded with information. ADRC’s website has easy to find resources that will eliminate that issue. Prefer your information on paper? We are happy to provide a copy for you. Remember, you don’t need to know the right question, just tell us your story and we’ll put together what you need. ADRC provides unbiased resources giving you answers and solutions so you can weigh your options.
This month we are highlighting our Caregiver Resource Materials. There are three ways to find this information on our website:
Scroll down on our homepage and click on the Caregivers button
Otherwise, you can access this from any page by hovering over Explore Services, then click on Caregivers, as shown below.
Once on this page, you will find a Caregiver Newsletter, put together by the Brown County Caregiver Coalition. The Caregiver Coalition recognizes the added stress for caregivers and puts together a bi-weekly newsletter with helpful tips and resources to support you.
As you continue down the page, there is information on our Powerful Tools for Caregivers Workshop and a short video clip with details on the class. The class is a great way to recharge and learn tools to help you focus on taking care of yourself so you can be the caregiver you want to be. The class meets 2 hours once a week for six weeks.
The third way to access Caregiver Resource Materials is to click on Resource Library on the upper banner of the home page.
Once under the Resource Library, click on Caregiving and you will come across the following resources:
- AFCSP & NFCSP Programs: Alzheimer’s Family Caregiver Support Program (AFCSP) and National Family Caregiver Support Program (NFCSP) provide financial support to caregivers who qualify.
- Caregiver Corner: A listing of services specifically designed to support caregivers.
- The Caregiver Handbook: Designed to help caregivers start to think about what their needs are. Provides a brief outline of available services.
- Grandparents Becoming a Parent Again: Guide to getting started on the journey of parenting grandchildren.
- Caregiver Guide: UCLA Caregiver Alzheimer & Dementia Videos featured. Actors role play behaviors and show tips on how caregivers can respond to them. Practical ideas and solutions to everyday situations.