Medicare recipients who receive CMS billing statements in 2022 will see some changes to their statement. The premium bill will have a new look, making it easier to read and understand.
- Clear amounts listed as well as due dates
- A more detailed summary of charges
- Personalized account status messaging
- Instructions on paying for more than one person
- Guidance for written inquiries
- More information about electronic payment options
You should receive your billing statements around the 10th of every month.
Individuals receiving Social Security payments have their premiums automatically withheld monthly from their SSA check.
Ways to Pay:
- Mail back payment with coupon attached to the premium bill
- Log into your Medicare.gov account to authorize a one-time online payment
- Set up Medicare Easy Pay to have payments automatically deducted from your bank account each month
- Set up online bill pay through your banking establishment to have monthly payments sent to CMS
- Please be aware, phone payments are not accepted